Introduction: The Avenger 270 Kit from iJoy
The iJoy Avenger 270 kit includes the Avenger 270 voice control mod and the Avenger sub ohm tank.
iJoy like to stay at the forefront of technology and this I believe is the first voice controlled vape mod to be released. This was very quickly followed by the Smok I-Priv – I bet they wished they had been just a week or two earlier!
But yeah like you reading this I am also scratching my head as to what use a voice activated mod would be. At least the Smok one will talk back to you – useful if you are a bit lonely.
The Avenger is mute – it will only listen and respond to set commands after you say “Hello iJoy”.
Apart from the talky stuff the mod has plenty of other useful features and the AI voice control can be switched off completely and all functions accessed through the menu and mod buttons.
The mod will output up to 234W and takes 2 batteries. They can be 20700 which are not included in the kit unless you buy the battery kit option, or 21700 or 18650 with the included adaptor.
The kit tank is the Avenger sub ohm tank which also comes with a mesh coil head and a standard coil head.
There are 8 colour options – Matte Black, Matte Champagne Gold, Mirror Blue, Mirror Silver, Mirror Green, Mirror Purple, Mirror Rainbow 1 and Mirror Rainbow 2.
This kit is my own personal kit and my opinion as always is my own!
So time to sit down and have a little chat with my new vaping friend….
What’s In The Box
- iJoy Avenger 270 mod
- 2×20700 batteries (optional)
- 18650 battery adaptor
- iJoy Avenger Sub Ohm Tank
- X3-mesh coil head
- X3-C1s coil head
- Replacement glass
- Tool pack
- USB cable
iJoy Avenger 270 Mod Specs
- Size: 89.8x50mm
- Voice control
- Max Wattage: 234W
- Compact and portable
- Bright and big size screen
- No overhang with 30mm tanks
- Dual 20700 batteries Box Mod(batteries included)
- 18650 battery fit with adapter
- Personalized design, with a unique experience
- NI/TI/SS temperature control
- TCR function
- Unique Custom User Mode
- Resistance Range: 0.05~3.0 ohm
- USB port charging support
- Firmware Upgradeable
iJoy Avenger Tank Specs
- Capacity: 3.2ml
- Optional 4.7mL Juice Capacity
- Diameter: 25 mm
- Various coils available
- Mesh pre-made coil
- Widebore Drip Tip
- Pure flavour and vapour production
Build Quality & Design
My iJoy Avenger 270 kit came in the Mirror Blue colour – and it is very pretty!
I would like to mention it comes in what appears to be a hardboard box – so everything is pristine and no damage from transit.
My eyesight isn’t the best but I do detect a very slight colour mismatch between the mod and the tank. It is minor but noticeable – to me!
The finish is super shiny but the mod isn’t exactly “rattle free”.
On the left side of the mod the red bar is the fire button. There is a trim the same on the opposite side – but this is quite loose and rattles. It doesn’t help that I keep pressing the wrong side to fire the mod either! Being right handed I do tend to keep pressing the right side of the mod to fire – the fire bar is on the left.
For a large mod the screen is decent but not as big as some I have used – the X-Privscreen for instance was enormous. This is perfectly good with really nice graphics but this mod could handle a bigger screen.
It is not too heavy I have had heavier dual battery mods but it is big. Apparently according to iJoy you can use 30mm tanks on the mod with no overhang – so you can imagine what a chunk it is.
Here is the Avenger 270 mod compared to my Augvape V200 mod – also a dual battery device (but 18650 only).
Below the screen are the adjustment buttons which are a clear plastic almost a silicone finish. When the mod lights kick in these light up.
At the base of the mod is the battery door which considering some of the issues iJoy mods have suffered in the past – so far seems to be great – easy to open and close and stays shut!
The back of the mod has a black plain panel to match the front just without buttons or screen.
I won’t focus too much on the Avenger tank as our Laura-ann has already reviewed this and like me she loves it!
How Does the iJoy Avenger 270 Kit Perform?
- Power on/off = 5 clicks of fire bar.
- To vape = press fire bar – will cut out after 10 seconds of firing as a safety protection (In case it fires in a bag etc).
- Make adjustments = use the up and down buttons.
- Enter menu = press fire 3 times.
- Navigate through menu = use adjustment buttons
- Power mode = selects Variable Wattage mode – then choose the taste mode – Normal, Hard, Soft or User (power curve mode).
- Temperature mode = select coil material Ni/Ti/SS or memory storage.
- LED mode = select colour, light pattern or turn off LED light.
- TCR mode = set the required TCR mode and store in memory.
- Puff counter = clear puff counter.
- Voice AI setting = turn voice control on or off.
- Set Standby mode = to adjust how long the screen stays lit in standby.
Below is the list of voice commands to use when the voice control is set to “On” and after you have said “Hello iJoy”.
After saying “Hello iJoy” the microphone symbol should display on the screen then you can give one of the voice commands below.
Sadly I didn’t find a suitable occasion to test out the “Romantic Light” haha!
How To Install The Batteries
The mod does include a USB cable and port but this should be mainly used for firmware updates. It is not recommended to charge batteries whilst in the mod.
Get a good external charger and have some spare batteries and just swap them over when required.
Make sure to know your battery safety and do a quick visual check of the battery wraps to make sure there are no tears, dents or damage. Do not use damaged batteries and re-wrap any with damaged wraps as the outer casing of the battery is all a negative terminal – like the earth on a car.
Worth noting is the one pair of 18650 I used have double wraps and they fitted fine in the Avenger 270!
- On the base of the mod is the battery door.
- Put your thumb on the arrow and push the door away from the mod.
- Be careful if there are batteries installed these may fall out.
- The battery door displays the correct polarity for the battery installation.
- If using 18650 batteries you will need to install the adaptor into the mod first then install the batteries following the polarity markings on the back of the door.
- If using 20700 or 21700 batteries you don’t need the adaptor so simply install them following the polarity markings on the door.
- Close the door and slide in the direction of the arrow to secure.
How To Fill The Tank
- Unscrew the top cap of the tank.
- Squeeze e-liquid into the side ports – do not fill the centre hole.
- Replace the top cap.
How To Install The Coil Head
- Remove the tank from the mod by unscrewing.
- Turn the tank upside down.
- Unscrew the tank base and if installed unscrew the coil.
- Screw a new coil into the tank base.
- Replace the tank base and fill the tank as described above.
- Make sure to leave the tank 5-10 mins to soak up the e-liquid – especially important with mesh coils – a dry hit from mesh is evil.
Flavour & Cloud Production
As Laura-ann has already reviewed this tank and absolutely loved it I will just do a run-down of my findings as I think pretty much the same!
iJoy Avenger Tank Performance
Using 80% VG E-liquid at 6mg nicotine I used the X3-mesh coil first. I love this coil – in fact I have just had 3 more delivered!
The X3-mesh is 0.15 ohm and rated between 40-90W and like Laura-ann I love it around 75W. Beautiful vape from this tank – lovely flavour too. I will also add the coil life from this mesh coil is so far proving great.
Sadly I haven’t been constantly using this mod as I had other kits to review but I have owned it about a month and use it every few days and the X3-mesh is still going strong.
The other coil in the kit is the X3-C1S which is 0.35ohm and rated 40-80W. This is not a patch on the mesh coil for flavour or heat but performs pretty well around 65W with good flavour and vapour. Just not quite as good – I wouldn’t be buying a pack of the X3-C1S put it that way.
You can also use any of the coils from the X3 range including the X3-RBA!
Airflow wise you get everything from wide open to pretty much closed. If you have it set to almost closed there is a slight whistle. I mainly used in mid position and it gives a slight restrictive DTL vape.
This is a low resistance mesh coil so you might find it quite thirsty – I have personally found it no thirstier than the Horizon Falcon or Freemax Fireluke Mesh tanks which use similar coils and power.
iJoy Avenger 270 Mod Performance
This is where the mod isn’t quite up to scratch.
When I say “mod” I mean “voice control” specifically – the rest of the mod without the VC stuff is wonderful and does exactly as it should.
It is just very moody when you speak to it.
It either ignores you completely, does what it should or does something completely different.
I found talking fast does help it respond but even then “Power high” resulted in the wattage actually going down! It’s like having a belligerent teenager around!
Using the supplied tank on another mod at 75W the vape feels the same – so as far as I can tell the power output seems truthful.
Just try not to ask it to do anything for you or it will storm off in a right huff.
This mod is so versatile you can use 2×20700 (some kits include these – mine didn’t) 2×18650 with adaptor or 2×21700 batteries.
But of course the power settings, tank, battery specs etc will all alter the battery life plus your own vaping habits.
As I don’t own a matched pair of 20700 or 21700 batteries I could only do a battery life test using a matched pair of 18650 batteries.
I haven’t seen it in the manual so it’s worth mentioning the wheels on the car on the display are the battery levels – one for each battery!
Vaping regularly at 75W I got 8.5 hours with dual Samsung 25R batteries.
- Beautiful looking mod and tank – even though they don’t quite match
- Excellent screen and menu system
- Mod works a treat powerful and reliable
- Battery door good and firm
- Able to use 3 types of battery
- Mesh coil head is a beauty
- Great instructions
- Avenger tank is excellent
- Voice control works when it is in the mood to.
- Wobbly red bar on side of mod
- Colour match of tank and mod not quite perfect
- Mirror finish and black panels are finger print magnets
- Quite heavy and bulky but is a dual 21700 mod
Final Review Verdict
If buying the iJoy Avenger 270 kit for the Voice Control – don’t bother – it’s not very reliable!
If you think the voice control is fun and want to play but are not that bothered about it – then this kit is excellent. The price of this is pretty good on some sites compared to a similar output mod. Plus in the kit you get the excellent Avenger tank which is in my top 5 sub ohm tanks – it is that good!
If you get a good deal on this kit say £50-60 I think it is an excellent buy even if it ignores you. The mod works perfectly in manual control mode and the tank with the mesh coils is a beautiful vape.
The build quality isn’t horrendous but there is a bit of wobble to the trim opposite the fire bar. But the rest of the mod and tank have put up with some abuse and still operate and look pristine – apart from billions of fingerprints!
Voice control = bit of a fail but otherwise this kit is excellent.
Now It’s Available :IJOY AVENGER 270 234W with AVENGER Subohm TC Kit
Hot Sale Recommendation: